Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Poshmark Review / Thrift Shopping / $5 Credit For Free !

I've been really getting into these thrift shop sites lately and I've actually known about this one for awhile. It's called Poshmark and the thing I love most about it is that you can find rare items and great deals. I scored this rare black floral Brandy Melville dress for $20 including shipping. I just placed my order last night so I haven't received it yet but I am super excited to get it. 


I have been looking for this dress forever and I was randomly playing on Poshmark the yesterday and BOOM there it was. I can not wait to style this bad boy. <3 So look forward to seeing this in future lookbook posts. 

Now more about Poshmark, Let's go over the basics; 

How does it work?  
You basically create an account ( Use my Code to get $5 in credit BMSYH ) and look for things you want, whether its a brand or even a specific item. I always search random things I've seen on www.lookbook.nu and like/heart them so I can keep an eye on them. There are tons of rare Brandy Melville and Victoria's Secret Pink items which I love, love, love. 

What form of payments do they accept? 
You  pay with your credit card through the site but some sellers ask that you pay via paypal and they will lower the price. Now lets go over the pros and cons of buying through paypal.

Pros

- the seller doesn't  have to deal with Poshmark fees 
- shipping fees might cost less
- the seller may be willing to accept a lower price for an item.

Cons

- although in my own personal experience Paypal has been a great form of payment outside of websites, you can get scammed. never send payments gifted, always ask for an invoice and make sure the person lists the item(s) you are purchasing on the invoice.
- Poshmarks Buyer Protector will not be able to help if you get scammed. 

With that being said I personally find it better to purchase with your credit card through Poshmark.

Is it safe to order from Poshmark? 
You are protected every time you place an order on Poshmark with Posh Protect. When you purchase an item on Poshmark, they keep your payment safe until you tell them that you've received your order. If your item does not match the description, you should notify them within 3 days of delivery. After they verify your claim (through pictures), they'll refund your payment. If they don't hear from you by 3 days after your order is delivered, they will assume everything is OK and release your payment to the seller. Once they release your payment, all sales are final and no refunds will be available.

What if I place an order and its been weeks and I haven't received anything? 
Not to worry, Posh Protect helps keep buyers safe from scams, you can go to your order page and click on
 Account Tab → My Purchases → Click on the item you purchased → Problems/Order Inquiry. 
 to inform them that you haven't received your item(s).


If you have any other questions feel free to list them below and I will reply as soon as possible.
Don't forget to use my code when you sign up for the $5 credit BMSYH 



No comments:

Post a Comment