Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

Why I Don't Shop on Schoola Anymore | Schoola Review / Exposing Schoola

If you don't know what Schoola is, it's a site that sells preowned clothing. The thing I loved about Schoola was that it donated 40% (or so I thought) of the proceeds to schools across America.  I also liked that you could get credits through referring friends and they would get credits as well. I was obsessed with Schoola at first, I placed tons of orders and spent tons of money. I love thrift shopping and thrift shopping from home was even better.

But then Schoola started making changes, at first I was onboard with the changes, it wasn't a big deal to me, companies change as they get bigger.

Well then they started raising the prices on items, some items you could literally get brand new for the price they were asking, and yes I know they donate a percentage to schools but people that typically thrift shop don't have that kind of money to spend on a preowned item, but I stayed on Schoola and just decided not to purchase overpriced items, I figured I could still enjoy Schoola.

Then I started getting flawed items, I know Schoola advertises some items as "blemished" but these were items not marked as "blemished" and they flaws were huge. Stains, holes, etc. Of course I notified Schoola and they refunded my money but it's still a let down, ordering something you want, only to get it, and it has to be thrown out.

I received one order that two high priced items came in completely faded and one had bleach stains so I contacted Schoola and sent them photos, they refunded my money in credits because half of my order was with paid credits and everything seemed okay until I got an email from Schoola about a promotion, so I went to check out the sale, I had $37 in credits so I figured I could get some good deals, wrong. I actually went through their page and added a few items in my cart but when I went to check out I noticed my credits weren't showing up, so I went to the referral/credits page and saw that all my credits "expired". Schoola never told me that credits expire, they never did before so I had no idea. I decided to email Schoola, asking when this started and if they could refund the credits since they never let me know about this change and the customer service woman was rude. She told me no and that I should have known and they will not refund the money because they are trying to raise money for schools. So I was pretty much done with Schoola at this point. I wrote a simple email asking about why my credits disappeared and the representative was not professional in her reply.

Then I started to do some research and found a lot of people have had horrible experiences with Schoola, mostly the schools donating to them, you can find complaints here ; https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.schoola.com 
I also realized Schoola is lying about how much money that's getting donated, they claim on their page that 40% of your purchase will be donated to schoola

but if you add items and look in your cart it shows the amount being donated and it's clearly not 40% even before shipping.


So I went on Schoola to delete my account but the sites FAQs state that you can't delete your account, you can just quit using it and make it "inactive" so that's what I'll be doing.

Have you been having problems with Schoola? If so tell your story below?

Or do you love Schoola? If so, why, share your story below?

No comments:

Post a Comment