In this post I will be talking about the apps Poshmark and Mercari. They are selling apps on which you can sell your old clothing to make extra cash or buy clothes, I've used both to buy and sell so I will be speaking from my experience. I've also sold on other sites such as ebay, etsy, and I've even had a facebook shop but now I only sell on Poshmark and Mercari.
- flat rate shipping fee of $5 unless the item is 6+ pounds.
- people can follow you to see updates in your shop.
- when you refer someone you get a $5 credit which you can get up to 5 times.
- you can shop from you pc on Poshmark.com
- shipping starts at $3 unless the item is heavy then you can raise shipping to another option ($7 or $15) also you choose whether you pay for shipping or the buyer pays.
- you make all profit on your items, there are no fees.
- when you refer someone you get a $2 credit.
- you can sell almost anything on there, womens, mens, kids clothing, electronics, and more.
- there are fees $2.95 for orders under $15 and 20% on $15+
- most buyers don't like the $5 shipping rate.
- you can only sell womens clothings, shoes, & accessories.
- you can't list items from your pc, it has to be done on the app.
- the customer service is not the best but they normally figure any problems out.
- you can't make advertising posts.
- they are very strict with their rules.
- it's only available in app form, you can't go to a site on your pc.
Now I personally love both sites to buy and sell on. I sell all my heavier items on Poshmark because of Mercari's shipping fees. I sell small/cheap items on Mercari. I buy from both sites but lately I've been liking Mercari more to buy from because sellers price the items cheaper since there are no fees.
A few warnings when buying from either app always ask if there are any flaws (stains, holes, etc) on the item before purchasing, also make sure you're not getting ripped off, alot of ladies buy clearance items from store to resale for so much more and they even put the retail value at a higher price to make you think you're getting a good deal, try researching certain items before buying them. I've noticed alot of people do this for brands like Victoria's Secret and Brandy Melville.
Now for my referral codes to get you free credits on both apps!
Poshmark ; After you've downloaded the app use referral code BFUPM for a $5 credit.
Mercari ; Use the code YYSGQZ for a $2 credit on the Mercari app.