Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Selling Online ; Shipping Tips via USPS for Mercari Poshmark and Ebay

So you want to be an online seller? Well a huge part of that is shipping your sold items to their new owners and today I'm going to give you some tips on shipping. 


1. Research ; 
Always do your research on how you're going to ship your items, USPS has free packaging available for Priority and Express mail but make sure you're shipping the item via those mail options, if you ship items in a Priority package but you paid for ground shipping, the item may be returned or the customer may have to pay a fee to receive their order and most customers will not be happy about having to pay for their item again. You also want to be getting the best deal for yourself, so look into each shipping option to see which is best for you.

2. Make it pretty ; 
Who doesn't love presents? Receiving a package in the mail is like a gift for yourself and it's even better when you receive a pretty package. You don't have to go all out, you could keep it simple with  a nice thank you card or you can do a little extra and add some tissue paper. Depending on how serious you are for your business you could also get some business cards and add one in each package. 

3. Recycle ; 
I personally receive lots of packages myself as I am an online buyer myself, so I keep all my boxes to use to recycle for my orders. It's cost friendly and eco friendly, a win-win situation.

4. Weigh It ;
This actually goes with the research part a bit but I recommend getting a scale, I just got a small produce/food scale. This way you can weigh packages to choose the correct shipping label or estimate the shipping price via USPS.



Tips specifically for each selling platform.

Ebay ; 
Know your stuff, for ebay you can ship via USPS on Paypal or you can just ship it yourself at the post office. If you're selling on Ebay I highly recommend you get a scale to weigh items in their packaging to get an accurate shipping weight to charge buyers.

Mercari ;
You can ship via Mercari's prepaid labels or you can ship the items at the post office on your own, however I always preferred to just use the labels they provide, it just seems a lot simpler to me.

Poshmark ; 
This is actually one of my favorite platforms to sell on mostly because the shipping is so easy. They provide a priority prepaid shipping label which is great because you can use the free packages from the post office. You can also order some on USPS.com and have it delivered to your house, completely free.


I've included some short clips/photos that showcases how I personally package orders.
Do you have any shipping tips? Share them below in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment